Dear Premier Health Centre Patient
On Monday evening, President Ramaphosa announced a National Lockdown from 26 March to 16 April 2020 to try and reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Following governments instructions, Premier Health Centre will be adhering to the Lock Down stipulations and all non-essential practices will be closed. Some doctors within the Centre have made themselves available to see emergency patients; and may be able to make specific arrangements- phone consults, Skype consults etc.
Our main reception will be tentatively open Mon-Fri from 10:00- 16:00 and Sat 08:00- 12:00. We are SHORT STAFFED. We URGE patients to please EMAIL us with queries at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you from there. If you have your prospective practitioners details, you can contact them there as well. The available practitioners are listed below. If a practitioner you are looking for does not have specific details listed below, please EMAIL us on email@example.com and we will direct you from there.
The Centre’s phoneline - 010 591 2223 will be available for emergencies only during operating hours. The Centres receptionist may be experiencing high volumes of traffic; and we appreciate your patience during these busy times. Please be mindful when contacting us as our receptionist MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ASSIST WITH ALL QUERIES, but we will do the best we can.
At this point in time, we are discouraging walk ins and if possible PLEASE EMAIL or arrange an appointment first.
When you arrive for your appointment, please wash your hands before meeting practitioners. Try wherever possible to maintain a safe social distance from other patients and If possible, use or bring your own pen to complete forms at the centre.
Please note that the Lancet Lab at Premier Health Centre will be open during the Lock Down but we DO NOT test for Covid-19. Please use the link provided to find a Covid-19 testing site near you https://bit.ly/2QOEUps.
Here are a few tips on how you can keep your body and your mind healthy over the next 21 days.
- Stay active everyday: Playing outside in your garden and simple home workouts with your family to keep your blood flowing. These are great and easily accessible on the internet.
- Healthy eating: Try avoid binge eating all those tasty lockdown treats you have stocked up on. Stick to a healthy, nutrient-rich diet that will assist your immune system.
- Stay hydrated: We tend to forget to drink water when we are at home. Keep your body hydrated with at least 4 glasses of water a day.
- Quality time: What better opportunity than now to spend quality time with your loved ones and your pets. Game nights, puzzle building, family workouts; these are all great to help your minds.
- Social Media: Please avoid the negativity that you see and hear on social media platforms, this is not helping anyone in any way. Please stick to liable news platforms for updated information.
Although you are at home, please still be aware of possible symptoms. Please make use of the coronavirus hotline if needed 080 0029 999.
Premier Health Centre thanks you for your understanding and cooperation during these uncertain times. Please stay at home over the next 21 days, we are all in this together for a safer and healthier outcome.
Keep safe, healthy and calm.
Premier Health Centre