1. 20/01/2020 2300UTC. ATTACK. 05:30:00N - 003:40:60E. NYA. 57NM S of Lagos, Nigeria. A group of five to six pirates on board a skiff attempted to board a tanker vessel underway from Port Harcourt to Lagos. The crew raised the alarm and began anti-piracy manoeuvres, increasing the speed of the tanker. The pirates attempted to board the vessel with a ladder but were unable to. The tanker continued towards Lagos at high speed and the pirates disengaged.
2. 19/01/2020. 2010 UTC. BOARDING. 05:04:58N - 002:10:44E. NYA. 76NM S of Cotonou, Benin. A group of five to six armed pirates on board a skiff used a ladder to board a container vessel on the starboard side. Crewmembers spotted two of the perpetrators near the bridge, sounded the alarm and locked themselves in the control room. All of the vessel's lights remained on. The vessel then proceeded at full speed towards Tema, Ghana causing the moored skiff to break away. At 0730 UTC on 20 January the vessel was located at Tema Anchorage, Ghana. Navy personnel conducted an on board investigation. No crew reported kidnaped or injured.
3. 17/01/2020. 2100 UTC. SUSPICIOUS APPROACH. 06:15:00N - 003:15:00E. NYA. Lagos Anchorage, Lagos, Nigeria. Crew on board a merchant vessel spotted a canoe approaching its anchor chain. An unidentified assailant on board the canoe attempt to climb the anchor chain, causing the crew to raise the alarm and alert SAA security. Once aware, the assailants fled.
4. 16/01/2020. 2057 UTC. ATTACK. 03:37:60N - 006:40:00E. MDAT-GOG. 21NM SW of Okwori Terminal, Nigeria. An oil tanker was attacked by a group of five pirates on board a small vessel. The tanker’s onboard AST fired warning shots, causing the pirates to flee. Vessel and crew reported safe.
5. 15/01/2020. 0424 UTC. SUSPICIOUS APPROACH. 03:46:07N - 009:28:59E. NYA. Douala Anchorage, Cameroon. An oil tanker was approached by a vessel from the starboard side. Upon seeing an onboard AST, the suspicious vessel redirected towards the tanker's stern. The AST fired warning shots, causing the suspicious vessel to flee. Location approximate.